Thursday, March 26, 2015

Roots

I fall down, i get up, i get up to fall down
Tell me where i can find my long-awaited breaking point
Which is the final blow and when's the screening for the last show?
I'm convinced i must have been born pretty damn hollow in the head
But i do know of the few things that went extremely wrong on that bed

It was supposed to happen as much as my very own existence
Unprepared to face the fate that came too fast when they walked too slow
In the garden of maturity, they couldn't stop to fulfill the needs
Of an infant as they stood in front of all their peers, taking another swig at their beer

Not again, same old track, same old storybook with the same cracks
I don't know where to start, but i know where it will end
So, i pray to god every day and every night to ease the pain
When they're gone and i'm on my way
I know this heat is here to stay

I'm not my own mistake, i see no blame that i should take
But for the one which i made when i first started to hesitate
I contemplate to walk away from this sorry life they made
Out of something that wasn't love which they confused with the young adults' curse
What a curse, oh what a curse, as it still lives on after 17 years

I can't say that i understand cause for me to do that i've got to take
All their blame and all their shame, like it was all me in the first place
There won't be a single sound as i go down burning in flames
Because nope, there's no way in hell i'll ever try becoming the adult
I'll learn when it's my turn but it's not my turn cause their time is now
And now's the time to keep their vows, to keep things right and from going foul

Not again, same old house, same old morons with the same spouse
You don't know where to start, but you know where it will end
So, you pray to god every day and every night to ease the pain
When they're gone and you're on you're way
You know this heat is here to stay

No comments:

Post a Comment