Sunday, April 10, 2011

Aww, man

Alright. It's a Sunday today, which is also a day for me to catch up with my last week's homework which i missed four days of because of a debate in SwinBurne. Anyways, my plan to stay at home, and lock myself in my room with my few stacks of school books went *kapoof* when i find myself attending a St John Amubulance duty in some Hot Spring place called...called Annah Rian or something.. It was an hour and half drive from HQ to this place. My mates for the duty, Karen, Ashley and Garryson were the only ones other than me who attended.

Well, this is my second duty after my previous one about a month ago for the Tugas Awam Pertolongan Cemas sempena Kejohanan Olahraga MSS Bahagian Kuching 2011. LOL. I gotta say, I find the duties enjoying though my duty today was, well, what i would like to call a 'dead duty'. There are no cases at all, and somehow, i ended up being the one getting sick. Yea, i got sick. CARSICK.

The ride up was fine i guess. Karen and her mouth kept us entertained enough and we were all pumped up with energy, so the ride was just fine. Again, i must say, we were there for nothin'. All we did there was stand there, stretcher on one side, and a first aid pouch in one of our hands. There was a fan at our standing spot, quite similar to Fuk Ada, but smaller in size. Just too bad it occasionally stopped. Electrical malfuntion, i assumed. Anyway, it was our first time seeing a hot spring. Most of us didn't even know there was a hot spring somewhere not so far out of Kuching.

So, we had our lunch. I had MY lunch, which if you know me well, you would be like 'ahh'. In case if you didn't know, i eat a lot. So, yea. And who knew that right after lunch, they gave us the greenlight to head back to town. I was yeah-ing and happy that we get to head home earlier than i expected, but little did i know that, an hour and a half ride through bumpy roads and in an old fashioned, air condition-less fan with no back support in the seats will cause me to barf. Yes, i barfed. For the first time in 3 straight years. Thought i was gonna break my personal record, but no. I just had to puke after the ride.

I was already feeling super uneasy and drowsy in the car after like 20 minutes of departure. I wanted to go unconcious, so that i won't have to feel this terrible feeling of puking, but that did not happen. I managed to hang tight for that long, long, long journey until we reached HQ. Just after the car stopped and everyone hoppped outta the car, i reached for my backpack, which only carried my bottle and a pair of slippers, but it weighed a tonne when i carried it to the corridor of HQ.

I seriously could feel my legs below me go weak and jelly-ish while my whole body continued on to push myself on to climb the two steps of stairs. And after that, I went down. I threw my bag on the floor and just trembled into a lying postion. I layed there, feeling really, really, really bad. I was thinking HOLD IT, HOLD IT. But then, it still came. I would feel sick again if i descibed whatever that came so, i'll just refer to that as 'it', yea? So, it just sorta came. I was not used to that feeling, so i just went with the flow. I started puking before i knew it. I guessed non of the others saw me when it happened, they were like busily carrying down item from the car. Still, they managed to spot me in that disgusting condition. After i stopped, which was quite fast, i got up on my feet, gained balance and head straight to the washroom. The good thing about all this is that, i felt better, A HELL LOT better after i puked. Haha. So, that's my puking story for today. Wow. Wish there won't be another day like this no more. Again, may my stupidity lead the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment