Saturday, September 17, 2016

Kimi No Nawa (Your Name)

I've always acknowledged and respected the fact that there are some really great Anime's out there. Amazingly crafted Anime's that were just as good as any of those blockbuster movies. Actually, blockbuster movies aren't all that awesome anymore. Blockbusters are mainstream shit. And most mainstream shit are shit that have lost their way. They've lost their art, their soul. So, you know what? I take that back. The Anime I just watched deserve better. It definitely deserves better than to be lumped together and compared to mainstream shit like blockbusters.

Sundance Film Awards. You know, those indie films that get nominated or actually win those indie film awards. Now those, are the movies that everyone should be looking at. Those are truly what we call, art. Every film that is nominated or have won, earned their way to it. There's soul and there's spirit. There's everything an art form should possess. Alright, so this Anime, Kimi No Kawa, is pretty good. Although it didn't make me lose my shit crying over it, it was touching. It pulled at you at the right moments and it pulled at you with sort of the right amount. It was a light, enjoyable watch that made me appreciate the little things. I don't exactly know why it had evoked such emotions within me, but I feel a little sad with a tinge of lightness after watching it. And I don't know how feeling sad or light would make me appreciate the little things more but, that's how I feel right now. Appreciative. A little sad. And very very light. Maybe it's because I'm falling asleep and it's light-headed I feel instead of light. I do not know.

There's a pretty awesome soundtrack backing the already magnificent film, especially the ending number. I think it's called "Sparkle".

The movie was sweet. It was very sweet. Yeah. Night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment