Monday, January 2, 2012

Got My Phone Back!

Yes, i got my phone back! After so many weeks without the company of my dear phone, i've finally managed to revive it once again though it is now somewhat handicapped. On the night of 8th December 2011, i changed my phone's passcode out of anger. It was the night before i went away for a four-day camp.

When i returned four days later, which was on the 11th, i was shocked when i realized that i've forgotten my passcode. I mentally tortured myself as i could not gain access my phone without typing in the four-digit passcode. For days i tried to recollect the passcode number, but to no avail. I had this paper which was filled with God-knows-how-many four digit passcodes, but non of them worked. So, i tried manually removing the passcode using a program which can read my phone like a pen-drive, but failed. It was then i realized that i had to bring it into the phone shop to fix it, but that could only lead to one thing that i've been trying to avoid all along...LOSING ALL MY APPS.

You see, my phone's full with jailbroken apps, and if i restore it, not only will i be updating it to the latest version, but also will be losing all the jailbroken apps that i once had. Despite how much i didn't want to lose all the apps, i had to restore my phone as it was the only way that i would be able to remove the passcode lock.

And when i did, i was so freakin' happy! I could finally text people with my own number and not get anymore missed calls or messages. I was on cloud nine since the moment i unlocked my phone. I was sooooooooo happy to have my phone back.

Well, i've learnt my lesson. I will not change my passcode often, i will no be selfish with my phone as the whole reason why i had changed the passcode was to avoid my nasty brother from using it, and i will not.... I forgot what i was going to type. I just hope that i'll be able to get most of my apps back.

Okay, peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment