Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Nevertheless, I Love You

She's like tsunami.

I see her coming from afar. I know I should run. I know I should be taking off to somewhere far, somewhere unreachable by her. I know what I need to do for my own good.

I know how destructible she can be. I know how she is.

I know what will happen if the both of us collide.

Like a volcano, I am cursed with immobility. Whatever happens, I stay rooted.

I stay.

I stay as she comes crushing into me. I stay as waves and waves of her wrath fall onto me.

I stay until I can no longer stand standing there.

A tsunami and volcanic eruption. At the same time. Tearing each other apart. Until nothing is left.

Her waves recede. My lava cools and hardens. Volcanic ashes form.

Ashes. They pose as a reminder of what happened. These ashes are mine to keep. Mine to linger around. Mine to live with.

They tell me, they remind me to never let this happen again. I am a volcano. Fully capable of self-destruction and to those around me.

She is just the same.

And equally destructive beings must not ever meet.

No matter how much they want to, how much they crave to. They cannot have each other.

The volcano cannot hope for cool tsunami waves to wash away its ashes.

The tsunami cannot hope for the warm volcano lava to melt its cold heart.

We simply, cannot.

No comments:

Post a Comment